Monday, September 18, 2017

Summer Weekending

Thank you to everyone who took a minute out of your day to share a comment, send an email, or say a prayer for our little angel baby. Your love and support is a welcome reminder that we are not alone and that we will get though this. I knew that if we stayed home this weekend I would spend too much time searching Google and focusing on the miscarriage. I might not be ready to move on, but I know it's not healthy to spend all of my time focusing on what might have happened. I needed a distraction, so we headed to the lake for the weekend. It also helped to have extra grandparent hands, because my crashing hormones resulted in major migraines. There's something about being on the water, or maybe it was the Imitrex, that always makes me feel better.

Aside from it being a great weekend to get away to the lake, it happened to be my parents 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday. Rob was able to get off work early and join us to take them out for dinner. We went to our favorite little spot in the booming metropolis of Blakeslee, OH. Scarlett and Clark discovered the joys that are Mosehoppers and floppy potatoes, my parents received a 50th anniversary picture mug, and Harrison and Brooke got to stand in the middle of the road for a picture, which they thought was the coolest thing ever.


 

Sunday we spent the day doing lake things and enjoying what will probably be our last warm weekend at the lake. Swimming, tubing, boating, early morning coffee on the deck. Fall is coming and we are going to miss the warm weather. Our lake season got started so late this year, that I feel like we didn't get enough. All 4 kids have lake water running through their veins, so it wouldn't surprise me if they insist on a quick dip sometime this fall. 





We miraculously made it home and had everyone in bed almost on time, which meant I was in bed by 8:30. Yes! I told myself I was going to get caught up on everything around the house today, but Scarlett is sick, again, and had other plans. The school year has hit her hard, poor thing. As soon as she gets over one cold, there's another one waiting for her. Thankfully it hasn't hit Clark as bad. The laundry will still be there tomorrow, so I'll snuggle my bossy little blondie as much as she demands it.

The weather is supposed to be hot, hot, hot here this week, so we'll be living up the last week of summer. Are you relishing in this last bit of summer, or longing for fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment