Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Weekend

One of my favorite things about summer is that there is always something going on. Every weekend there are multiple festivals and events to choose from. Its a lot of work to take 4 kids to these events, but the payoff is so worth it. There is of course the exposure to new and different experiences, but my kids behave better when we get out of the house. Or maybe it's just that the time seems to go quicker when we're outside with the crowds in the sun. I know for sure that they sleep better after an adventure filled outing. This weekend was packed with fun and some really great naps.


Friday we stayed around the house and enjoyed the cooler weather. It was in the low 70s which was perfect for backyard swinging. My best girlfriends came over for dinner and a movie. One of them had never seen Moulin Rouge, which is basically a sin, so we remedied that. I still cry every time I watch that movie.


Saturday morning we headed downtown for the dragon boat races. I thought the kids would think it was way cooler than they actually did, but we went and had fun anyway. We only watched a couple races, but then we took advantage of the kids area they had set up. Yard games, sports, balloons, and a bounce house obstacle course. The babies were all about the balloons and the big kids would have kept doing the obstacle course all day if I had let them. If the babies were older we would have skipped naps and stayed downtown for GreekFest, but naps are a necessity for them.




After a good 3 hour nap, we headed back downtown for BuskerFest. This was the first year that they were broadcasting the main performers on a big screen, which was so nice. I was able to let the babies out of the stroller to romp around and I could still see what the street performers were doing. Harrison and Brooke waited in line for face painting basically the entire time we were there. They were committed! An hour and a half later, my children were replaced by Wonder Woman and Captain America. I had planned to grab the kiddos lunch downtown and maybe listen to some live music but they were beat by 7pm, so we called it a night and headed home. I am so looking forward to when they can hang until later than 8pm.



Sunday morning we met Rob's parents for the Covington Art Fair. it wasn't too exciting for the kids, although they did get kettle corn and strawberry lemonade, but Rob and I definitely enjoyed it. We bought two oil paintings, our first originals. We have some paintings I love, but they're all prints. I feel like having original art is a step into adulthood. Maybe one of these days I'll finally make it all the way there, although probably not.


Sunday night we had friends over for dinner before calling it a night early. I am letting my best friend kick my butt at the gym every morning, and 5:10am comes really early. I will be trying to reset my sleep schedule and nurse sore muscles for at least the next couple weeks. Hopefully my body can adjust to both changes quickly, because right now I'm sore and tired. Also, it's really hard to go to sleep when it's still light outside.

We have almost nothing going on this week, so I see zoo trips, pool trips, and lots of backyard shennanigans in our future. I hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Y'all are having the best summer ever! I love it.

    I also laughed about your next step into adulthood- so true. Though I haven't achieved it yet myself, lol.

    ReplyDelete