Friday, May 5, 2017

Happy Friday

Happy Cinco de Mayo!! We are having some girlfriends over tonight for Mexican food and LaLa Land. Tacos, street corn, and maybe probably margaritas are on the menu.


My little people have figured out how to crawl up onto our kitchen chairs and table, and now nothing will ever be safe again. I find myself trying to remember how I handled these situations with Brooke and Harrison, but I don't feel like they were into as much trouble as Scarlett and Clark seem to get into. In actuality, it's probably just been long enough that I have chosen to forget.

Have you see the Jimmy Kimmel monologue where he talks about his son's heart condition? If you haven't it's worth the time to watch the whole thing.


I don't know what the answers are to fix our nation's health care issues, and yes there are issues, but if we're considering taking away people's coverage, it's not the right solution.


Rob and I started watching Schitt's Creek this week, and oh my goodness, it's HILARIOUS. Anything with Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara is a win in by book, but it is even better than I was expecting. If you're looking for a new series to start, I highly recommend it.

We have started talking about taking a family road trip when the babies are a little bit older. Maybe 2 or 3 years from now? We have family all over the country. STL, Reno, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver. We would love to take 2 or 3 weeks and drive route 66, visit family, see the grand canyon, visit some national parks, hit up Disney Land. Are we crazy? Quite possibly, but it's something fun to think about doing as a family. These websites seem like great jumping off points for planning a fun route 66 itinerary. Road Trippers  / Driving Route 66


After being on the fence about it for the last few months, I think we have decided that Harrison and Brooke will be going to kindergarten next year.  They have their preschool graduation next week and they got to do their welcome to kindergarten night this week. They are both getting really excited about next year. Harrison still needs lots of redirection, but he's so eager to learn that I feel like he will be just fine next year. Now we just have to decide for sure if we want them to be in the same class or separate classes.

Our vacuum broke a couple weeks ago, and I broke it in the dumbest way possible. I bumped it into the corner of a cabinet while vacuuming the floor, and the plastic cracked. It's a 10 year old Dyson that still runs, but they don't make a replacement part for the piece I cracked. Major bummer. I've been looking into what type of vacuum we should get and I landed on the Dyson V8. I borrowed my parents V6 a couple weekends ago and I really liked how light it was while still doing a great job cleaning. UPS dropped off our new vacuum yesterday and after charging it for what seemed like forever, I put it to use. It cleaned up way more dirt than I thought was possible, awesome and gross at the same time, but the major win is that Harrison and Brooke want to vacuum the floor now. This vacuum may pay for itself in saved time and productivity over the course of one month if these two keep it up. Please keep it up!

Image may contain: dog

This sweet puppy is available for adoption at our local shelter, and I love her. We do not need another dog, and we definitely won't be getting one, but I definitely considered trading Jules in. ;) Just kidding. Kind of. If someone I know wants to adopt her and allow for visitations, that would be awesome.

I hope you all get to have a margarita, or 3, tonight, and I hope your weather is better than the crap weather we're supposed to have. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment