Tuesday, January 24, 2017

2017 Goals

Here we are, 3 weeks into 2017 and I'm finally getting around to writing this post. I am not huge on New Year's resolutions, but I do like to set goals for the year ahead.

                                                                                                                      photo

My biggest goal for this year is to get back to my forgotten corner of the web. Last year's blog posts were almost entirely monthly updates on the babies. There were a few others mixed in there, but I would like to get back in the habit of posting at least once or twice a week. Our life is a wee bit less crazy than it was at this time last year, but I still don't have loads of time to devote to this little blog. I would like to get back to sharing recipes, more about our daily life, and even home improvement projects as we get to them. That's goal number one.

Saving to get pregnant, saving to buy a house, saving for a vacation for 6. I feel like every year we save for something specific, and then all that hard earned $$ in our savings account goes bye bye. This year we don't have a big expense that we are planning to save for. Which is great! As awesome as it is to have a savings goal in mind, it's nice to be able to just save to save. Goal number 2 is to be more frugal, and build up that savings account. Buy less, save more. This means I need to stay away from Instagram shops and Etsy. If we don't need it, I won't buy it. Goodbye Target One Spot.

As our life gets busy, we tend to eat out more. I would like to get away from that and start meal planning. This is one that I say I'm going to do every year, and never fully get on board with. I like to cook and love trying new recipes, I'm just horrible about planning ahead. I am hoping that by taking advantage of a service like Kroger Click List, I can make grocery shopping and meal planning easier.

My last goal includes a series of home improvement projects. Refinish our kitchen table. Paint out our living room built ins. Paint both the downstairs and kid's bathroom. Decorate the master bedroom. Pick a light fixture for the dining room. Landscape the front of the house. A couple of those have to wait until the weather is warm enough. Painting cabinet doors and shelves, and sanding and refinishing our table either have to be done in the garage or driveway. As I'm sure is no surprise, mobile babies and paint projects don't mix well.

There you have it. 4 goals I plan to achieve in 2017. I feel like writing it all down makes me accountable. Instead of ideas in my head, they're goals on paper, or a computer screen as it were.

Do you set goals at the beginning of each year? What are you hoping to achieve in 2017?

1 comment:

  1. Our goals sound SO similar! (except, you've actually blogged about them and I haven't yet lol)

    I have to stay away from the fun money expenses too- we're on a semi freeze for January and February (new year, new budget!) and so I'm trying to stay farrrrr away

    ReplyDelete