Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Favorite Books - 4 Years Old

I know I've mentioned time and time again how much Brooke and Harrison love books. They have loved story time since the day the came home from the hospital. Reading to them is how I used to keep them happy at bedtime when we were waiting for Rob to get home from work. I am a firm believer that a kid can have too many toys, but never too many books. Their closet doubles as their library. and it's slowly running out of room. Pretty soon they are going to need a bigger bookshelf. There are a few books that have been on the favorites list for a few months now, so I thought I'd share. 

Beautiful Birds As the title says, this book is beautiful. The illustrations are amazing. We discovered this book through the library, and I immediately ordered a copy once we had to return the one we checked out.  It's an alphabet book that is sure to get kids interested in birds.

ABC-3PO Our whole house is Star Wars obsessed. This book adds kid friendly humor to the Star Wars alphabet. Definitely one of their favorites, and mine too. It's great when their favorites are ones I enjoy reading. The illustrations are pretty great also.

Hello My Name is Octicorn The first time I read this book I couldn't stop laughing. Harrison and Brooke still laugh every time we read it, even though a couple of the jokes are over their heads. I never complain about reading this one.

The Princess in Black This is actually a series of chapter books. There are currently 3 with another one set to release next month. H and B both love reading about Princess Magnolia and her adventures fighting monsters. These books are especially fun to read if you have a good monster voice.

If I Had A Gryphon We love all of the mythological creatures in this book! Maybe Tyson and Jules aren't so bad after all. ;)

Star Wars This series of books puts each of the Star Wars movies into 5 minutes of kid friendly reading. There are also companion books like "I am a Pilot" or "I am a Jedi." Harrison and Brooke both pick these to read frequently.

As an added bonus, I thought I'd throw in a few of our favorite Halloween books also. Peanut Butter & Brains is a new one this year. We love The Walking Dead, so this is a cute twist on zombies for H and B. Creepy Carrots is one I loved last year, and they were mildly into. This year they like it a lot more. We read Fright Club last year at Barnes and Noble, but didn't buy it until this year. They think all the little creatures are hilarious. Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet we borrowed from the library last year. They've been asking about it a lot lately, so I ordered a copy from a third party sell since it's out of print.

No comments:

Post a Comment