Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas 2015

Our Christmas this year was quite a bit different than years past. Rob and I decided a few months ago that we would not be going to either of our parents' houses. We knew I'd either be ridiculously pregnant, or that we'd have teeny tiny newborns. As it turns out I'm still pregnant, yay, so we had our family come to us.

I wasn't sure we were going to be able to do Christmas Eve mass, but since I'm still feeling pretty good, we were able to make it to mass. I wasn't exactly able to stand or kneel as I should, sorry to the people behind us, but we made it through. And best of all, Rob was off work early enough to join us. 


By 7pm Harrison was asking to go to bed, so it was an early night for them. Brooke was right to sleep, but Harry was still up at 9:30 because he was "too excited for Santa." I managed to get to bed by 10:30, but then tossed and turned more than usual. I was just too excited for the morning with the kiddos.


My parents came over first thing in the morning, and then Rob's parents joined us later. The day was full of lots of excitement, outfit changes, and time spent in the new bounce house.  We are truly blessed and had a wonderful day.








By about 4pm, family was gone and we had already made the decision to skip naps. We knew the kids would be in bed at least an hour early, so we decided to spend the last hour of daylight playing in the hot tub. It was the kids and my first time in. Harry was asking to get in today, so I think they enjoyed it. 


Christmas is a truly magical day, and I love seeing the magic through my kids' eyes. I know the excitement of it all will last into the weeks ahead.  I hope all of you had a blessed holiday spent with loved ones, and I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment