Monday, December 7, 2015

35 Weeks

How Far Along - 35 Weeks 1 Day
Babies' Size - A couple of honeydew melons or coconuts. Both babies were weighing over 5lbs at my ultrasound a week ago. Assuming we make it to 38 weeks, I think we're going to be looking at 7 pound babies.
Total Weight Gain - 49 pounds total. I usually weigh myself every day or two, but I went for a couple weeks without the scale during our move. I'd be very curious to see if the gain has been consistent or if there was a big jump over Thanksgiving weekend.
Gender - Boy and Girl!
Maternity Clothes - I'm down to 4 tees and 3 tanks that cover my belly. And when I say they cover it, that's only if I continuously pull them down. Maternity jeans and yoga pants when I leave the house, sweatpants at home all the time. We now have neighbors that can see in our windows, so the no pants option I loved so much a few weeks ago is no longer an option.
Cravings - Peppermint everything. Coffee, pretzels, oreos, ice cream, everything. To be fair, I'd probably be craving all things peppermint even if I wasn't pregnant. I love peppermint!! Christmastime of heaven to my taste buds.
Symptoms - Lots of Braxton Hicks. I definitely notice them at least every hour, and they're often frequent enough that I have to lay down and chug some water. Lots and lots of baby movement. I can tell they are getting crowded in there. The movements they make and they things they are doing to my stomach right now are almost creepy. Very minimal sweeling by the end of the day. Nothing at all close to what I experienced last time. 

Sleep - I've had a cold over the last week which has made sleep worse than usual. I am tossing and turning a lot, but I'm no longer waking up at 6am and being unable to fall back asleep. Most days I do take advantage of nap time and I can make up for an hour of sleep then.
Miss Anything - Not worrying. I'm worried about the babies coming early, how Harrison and Brooke are going to handle things, getting the babies' room ready, making sure we're ready for Christmas. You get the idea. We have so much going on right now that it has my usual laid back self feeling on edge. Definitely not a feeling I'm used to.
Stretch Marks - Yep! I think a few of them may be new, but most of them are ones from postpartum with H and B.

Purchases - Everything!! Now that we're in the new house, I've been on a baby shopping spree. Car seats, rock and plays, double snap and go, winter baby clothes, nursing supplies and pillow, baby monitor. I think I have everything ordered that needs ordered, now I'm just waiting for a few more things to show up. Between Christmas, baby purchases, and items for the new house, our USPS and UPS drivers have been making daily deliveries. We haven't purchased a table for our formal dinning room yet, so right now that room is serving as a staging area for all of the new baby gear that has been arriving.
Looking Forward To - Finishing getting everything organized. Baby clothes have been sorted and laundered, the nursery is painted, cribs are set up. We are definitely getting there, and I can't wait until I feel like we really have everything ready to go. I should probably get bags packed for the kids and I and make arrangements for the dogs.
Best Moment This Week - Rob's work Christmas party was last weekend. We went to the party and then went out for a night cap after. Martinis for him, decaf coffee and dessert for me. We're so close to having our life turned upside down again, it was really nice to get out and enjoy an evening with just the two of us. 

Appointment Notes - We've had a couple ultrasounds over the past few weeks. Both babies scored 8 out of 8 on their biophysical profiles. Baby girl was weighing in a 5lbs4oz a week ago, and baby boy was at 5lbs6oz. My blood pressure was 110/70 at my appointment on Friday. I'm so relieved that my BP has been staying down. 




No comments:

Post a Comment