Tuesday, September 8, 2015

22 Weeks


How Far Along - 22 weeks 2 days
Babies' Size - 11 inches, 1 pound, approximately the size of 2 papayas
Total Weight Gain - Up 3 pounds last week. Yikes! 24 pounds total. I am having a hard time seeing the number on the scale climb. I know early weight gain is so important with twins, but it's still hard to see the number go up so much. I have to keep reminding myself that big healthy babies and no NICU time is the goal. I can worry about weight gain after they're born.  
Gender - One little man and one little lady. 
Maternity Clothes - All the time. Some of my maternity tanks and tees are even getting a little short. I have some sized up maternity clothes from the end of my last pregnancy that will be making an appearance soon.  
Cravings - no real cravings, but definitely some foods I've been favoring lately. Cereal, cheese toasties with turkey, and Mexican food are high on the list right now. 
Symptoms - Lots of hip and pelvic pain. By the time the kids are in bed, I am ready to get in bed and lay on my side to relieve some of the pressure. I've been noticing minor swelling in my feet by the end of the day. I have an OB appointment this Friday, and I'm curious to see if my blood pressure is up anymore. It was a gradual climb my entire last pregnancy until I made it to 140/90 at my 37 week appointment. 
Miss Anything - Energy and a good nights sleep. After a couple good nights of sleep post vacation, I've been tossing and turning a lot at night.  
Stretch Marks - Still none yet. My belly has been really itchy, so I've been slathering it with lotion multiple times a day.  
Looking Forward To - Hearing two little heartbeats this week. Even though I can feel them move daily, there's something so amazing and reassuring about hearing their heartbeats.  
Best Moment This Week - We can finally see some of their movements. Rob and I were laying on the couch a couple nights ago just watching them kick my belly button. Being able to share their movements with him is so special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment