Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Double Trouble

Remember my post yesterday about how I thought I was carrying just one baby? Yeah, mama's intuition isn't always right. We will have two additions to our family at the end of the year. Twins again!!


Our ultrasound started out with just Dr. Bopp, the ultrasound tech, Robbie and I. We talked for a minute or two and then it was down to business. 15 seconds into the ultrasound, before we'd even seen a full view of my uterus, Dr. Bopp asked, "How do you feel about twins?" My reaction? I cried. I was so expecting to see one baby, two was a shock. It shouldn't have been, but it was.


Once we saw two healthy babies, all of the nurses came in to join us, and we had 7 adults squeezed into the ultrasound room. I absolutely love everyone at our RE's office, and it's awesome that they were all so excited for us. We had healthy heartbeats of 154 and 151. Baby A is measuring 7w3d and Baby B is measuring 7w5d. Right on target, and absolutely perfect. We go back in for a second ultrasound in two weeks, and it will probably take me that long to wrap my head around the fact that come Christmastime, we'll be a family of 6.




Once Robbie and I were in the room alone and I had gotten all my tears out, seriously I was such a mess, Robbie told me we were going to need a bigger house. I told him I needed start eating more. It looks like we have some work to do.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I felt the same way on my second pregnancy, which was twins, because I was sure it was a girl. I had no idea it was two girls. I didn't cry, but I was freaking out inside. Now here we are three years later, in a new house, a full family of five. I love being pregnant and carrying twins, but 5 was plenty for us. Good luck to you guys. You are in my prayers. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry with happiness for you. The best news EVER. I'm so thrilled. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you! This is going to be an exciting journey!

    ReplyDelete