Wednesday, March 18, 2015

365 Challenge - Week 11

My Grandma Schmitt passed away when I was a 19. Before she passed, she gave me a shamrock pin and I make sure to wear it every year for St. Patrick's Day. We are predominately German, but she always made sure to point out that there was a little bit of Irish blood flowing through my veins. For as long as I can remember, my family has always celebrated St. Patrick's Day with corned beef and cabbage dinner followed by creme de menthe cake. It's something I look forward to every year, and a major plus of living so close to my mom, because she does it best.

Yesterday the kids and I had shamrock pancakes for breakfast, we covered our arms with green and gold tattoos after lunch, And we spent the evening celebrating our Irish heritage with my parents and aunt. Harrison and I had seconds on dinner, and both kids devoured their cake. I hope they grow to have fond memories of celebrating St. Paddy's Day, just like I do. I also hope Brooke grows to like cooked cabbage. ;) 

3.12.2015 - but first

3.13.2015 - bows and bros

3.14.2015 - yay basketball

3.15.2015 - the sad life of Harrison Pargeon

3.16.2015 - sunset

3.17.2015 - my lucky leprechauns

3.18.2015 - my future's so bright

No comments:

Post a Comment