Sunday, January 25, 2015

Weekend Recap

Another great weekend in the books! This one was better than most because we got to share an exciting day with a couple of our best friends. More on that later. Our Friday was nothing special. Gym, work for a few, dinner, and then to bed. Robbie had to work late, so it was just the kids and I all day. Once I got them tucked in bed I watched a movie by myself. That rarely ever happens, so I picked out something only I would want to watch, The Other Woman. It was two parts funny, one part girl power, and one part terrible movie. Just the way I like it.

Saturday morning the kids and I did our usual gym trip, followed by lunch and naps. When they woke up we started getting ready to go to our friends' wedding. I knew I was going to be busy taking pictures, so we loaded them up with snacks and books, so they would stay quietly occupied during the quick ceremony. Of course that didn't happen, so Robbie got to deal with two kids who didn't want to stay still. Thankfully it was a very low key event, so no one minded when Brooke and Harrison kept saying, "Hi Mommy," while I was up taking pictures.


A huge congrats to Kristie and Andrea! I'm so excited for them and can't wait to celebrate their union again in a few months. Since we had friends willing to step on the other side of the camera, we got a couple quick family pics. If you follow me on Instagram (@jennpargeon), You got to see my favorite outtake from this weekend's pics.




Once the wedding was wrapped up, Robbie took the kids home and I headed out for dinner and a drink with a few friends. We went to the Dash In which is one of my favorite Fort Wayne restaurants. Unfortunately they don't allow kids, so I rarely get to go. If you live in town and haven't been, do yourself a favor and go. And get one of their amazing grilled cheese sandwiches. They are so good!!!

This morning we went to breakfast with Robbie's parents. Brooke ate more food than I've ever seen her consume. Carbs covered in sugar are her jam. We made a quick Target run which of course turned into a cart full of things we didn't know we needed. 


It started snowing while we were out and about this morning. After the kids woke up from naps, they insisted they wanted to go play in the snow. So we bundled up and headed out. It was really fluffy snow, so no snowman building, but they loved picking up snow and throwing it over their heads. In true child form, they wanted to stay out even after Robbie and I were frozen through. The promise of hot chocolate and Cinderella brought them inside.



The rest of our evening has been pretty chill. Movies, dinner, and hanging around the house watching the snow fall. We broke out the Play Doh for the first time in a couple months, and the kids were entertained for over an hour. Score!! Robbie and I may have had just as much fun as the kids.


I'm hoping for decent weather to play outside tomorrow and enjoy the snow a little more. Once we get a chance to build a snowman, I'm ready for spring to come anytime. I would be very ok with 60 degrees on Valentine's Day. I hope all of you have had a great weekend too, and are enjoying the last few hours before it's back to the grind tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment