Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Tasty Tuesday - Pretzel Hot Dogs

It's no secret that I LOVE Bravas. They're a local food truck that has the most amazing hot dogs. The flavor combinations they put together are out of this world delicious. My favorite, and I think most people's favorite, is the Snoop Dog. It's a steamed dog topped with bacon, gouda, and garlic aioli. Heaven on a bun.

A couple Sundays ago, we decided to recreate this amazing taste explosion for one of our The Walking Dead nights. Rather than doing steamed buns, we opted for homemade pretzel buns, and they did not disappoint. We tried out the pretzel recipe a few weeks earlier with beer cheese, and knew it was a winner. The pretzels are delicious on their own, but even better as a carrier for hot dogs. So here it is. A bunch of good recipes and ideas put together to make the perfect hotdog.







1. Pretzel Buns - I follow this recipe exactly, and then brush with butter after I pull them out of the oven. Roll the dough into large bun size strips. The dough is super easy to make, and worth the time it takes.

Pretzel Dough Recipe

2. Steamed all beef dogs

3. Bacon strips - I prefer Hormel Black Label

4. Garlic Aioli - Recipe - If you don't have lemon juice, you can substitute lemon extract and vinegar,

5. Shredded Aged Gouda

Once the buns come out of the oven, brush them with melted butter, cut them open down the middle, layer your toppings. And there you have it. The perfect, in my opinion, hot dog. I highly recommend you try this flavor combo soon. You won't be disappointed, and your mouth will forever thank you.



I wish I could take credit for this recipe, but I definitely can't. It's just my copy cat version of an already amazing dish. If you live in Fort Wayne and haven't checked out Bravas, you definitely need to. You can find their food truck around town, and they just opened a burger joint in the 07. You can find out more info via Bravas Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment