Friday, November 21, 2014

5 on Friday

TGIF!!! This week has been crazy for me. By the time 3pm rolls around today, I will have worked a 40+ hour work week and hired a new employee. I have been missing the kids like crazy, and am looking forward to a little down time with them. But for now, here's some friday randomness.


One - Every Friday my friends and I do #selfiefriday. We have a group chat on WhatsApp, and while we talk throughout the week, Friday is all about selfies. It all started with a selfie of the kids and I playing outside during the summer, and is now something I look forward to every week. Last week we all took coffee selfies. I can't wait to see what today brings.

Two - *NSYNC's Christmas album came out 12 years ago, and it's still one of my favorites. My Pandora Christmas station definitely plays a lot from this album. Yes it's boy band pop, but it also has a great jazzy feel to it. I've heard a couple other random Christmas songs of theirs from off of 'Now That's What I Call Christmas" albums, and I'm not a fan. But this album is the tits. #nsyncforlife

image enlargement



Three - I have been eyeing this dress for months. I almost bought it for a wedding I went to in September. I am already thinking summer and know that this dress would be perfect for my brother's upcoming nuptials next August. I'm hoping White House Black Market has a killer online Black Friday sale so I can score this dress at a great price. Because if they do, I will be checking my rehearsal dinner dress off the list way early.

Brussels Sprouts Gratin on Simply Recipes
Four - I still don't know for sure what I'm making to bring to Thanksgiving dinner. Considering it's less that a week away, I better make up my mind. While perusing Pinterest I came across this brussels sprouts gratin recipe, and my mouth started watering. Gruyere, pancetta, what's not to love?! I think this dish may make me love brussels sprouts again. Even if this doesn't make it to the Thanksgiving table, it will be making it to my dinner table very soon.

Five - Have you seen the Pitch Perfect 2 trailer yet? It just came out yesterday, and it has me so excited! It is set to come out May 15th, 2015, which just happens to be the day before the kids' 3rd birthday. I shall be celebrating their birthday a day early with a night out. I can't wait!!


I am linking up with these great ladies for a little dose of Friday fun. Stop by their blogs and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment