Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Yes, I just went there.  Super cheesy, I know, but I couldn't resist. When it comes to my hair I seem to have a 2 year cycle. I grow my hair out for a couple years, cut it all off, and then swear I'll never cut it short again.

It was close to a 3 or 4 year cycle this time, but the urge to chop it all was finally more than I could resist. I love having hair to the middle of my back, but I always wind up pulling it into a pony tail or top not. Especially during the summer, I always want my hair off my neck.  




Every time I make the big cut, I make sure I cut off enough to donate. I have donated to both Locks of Love and Pantene Beautiful Lengths in the past. They are both great organizations that help make wigs for those in need. This go round I decided to donate to Pantene again. They team with a partner company and The American Cancer Society to make wigs for women battling cancer. Their minimum length requirement is 8". I hacked off between 9-10". I still have long enough hair to pull it back into a pony tail, or more importantly enough for a fancy wedding up do come August. 



I love how light my hair feels, and I'm happy with how it looks too. No tears of regret after this cut. I'm sure I'll have a freak out moment when I shower in the morning, but right now I'm beyond thrilled with shorter hair.  

If you want to learn more about donating to Pantene Beautiful Lengths, start with their FAQ.  

No comments:

Post a Comment