Thursday, June 19, 2014

Adios, Braces

Today is a very exciting day, and also a bittersweet one. First with the exciting part. After 393 days, more rubber bands and wax than I care to count, and enough days with a sore mouth to last a life time, my braces are gone! You can read about getting them on here. In their place I have permanent retainers glued to the inside of my teeth. My course of treatment finished a couple months shy of the original projected date, and I couldn't be happier.


This picture is a couple months before I had the braces put on. Seeing these pictures were what made me decide that braces were something I wanted to do. I didn't like smiling for pictures anymore, because I didn't like how my smile looked anymore. Fast forward to today, and I am officially done, and love the results. 

Post removal selfie with my fantastic orthodontist.

And a kitchen selfie. Because, why not?


On a different note, today would have been Layla's 8th birthday. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her. There was something so special about her, about the way she affected the kids, and Tyson, and me. Her time with us was cut short, and I so wish we would have been able to see her relationship with the kids grow. I am thankful for every day we had with her, and cherish the memories of our life with sweet Laylers.

Layla on her third birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment