Sunday, April 6, 2014

Our Weekend

It's been a while since our weekends have been exciting enough to share. While every weekend is great, hanging out around the house all weekend isn't too exciting to anyone except me. Now that spring has finally shown up, we're getting out and having some fun. I was on call for work all weekend, so between trips to the daycare we fit in as much fun as possible.

Saturday morning The Y hosted an Easter Egg Extravaganza. We met up with my parents, Carolyn and Sophie for some Easter fun. Crafts, cookie decorating, the Easter bunny, a real bunny, face painting, tattoos, and an egg hunt. There was a lot going on and the kids were overwhelmed when we first got there. By the time they got their tattoos, they had started warming up to all the craziness. They still wanted nothing to do the Easter bunny unless I sat with them.

 A dinosaur tattoo for Harry.

A bunny and a bee for Boo.

Can you tell how excited they were to see the Easter bunny?

Harrison bringing me an egg he found.

Brooke brought me eggs two at a time.

Her first time getting her face painted.

Harrison ate the sprinkles off his cookie one at a time.

After the kids took a nice long nap, and I steam cleaned the carpet, we headed into work to see the dogs. When we got home we had dinner and then our favorite Aunties showed up for an evening of adult fun. Once the kids were asleep we ate lots of Ben and Jerry's and screened Anchorman 2. It was just as ridiculous as I remembered. 

The next morning started with Munchkins, smoothies and Mickey. The prefect morning for two almost two year olds. Grandma and Grandpa, Rob's parents, came over for a visit and brunch. Quiche eating and backyard playtime followed. I had to go back into work, so I missed out on most of the fun.


After naps we went to one of the playgrounds close to our house so the kids could slide and the dogs could run. Harrison wanted to do everything on his own, but Brooke asked for help each time she went down one of the slides. I know I say this all the time, but I can't believe how big they're getting. I was looking back through old blog posts a couple nights ago, and it's crazy to see how much they've grown over the past year. I love being able to look back at the pictures and stories to see how far they've come.




No comments:

Post a Comment