Thursday, January 23, 2014

Mid Month Celebrationpalooza

I can't believe it's taken me a week to get to this post. The colds the kiddos have been battling for weeks finally took me as a victim. Today is the first day since Sunday that I've felt like myself.

The middle of January is always full of excitement for us, and this year it was extra exciting thanks to a surprise visit from my brother. Last Tuesday, the 14th, Tyson turned 8 years old. He got a new toy, a Kong Wubba, and some quiet time to himself. A perfect day for an aging boy with a playful streak. 



Wednesday Rob and I celebrated 9 years of marriage. We were married when we were both babies, he was 19 and I was 22. We've been through many ups and downs through our years together, but we've always had each other.  While at dinner on Wednesday, we both agreed that even though our lives haven't played out exactly as we thought they would when we first married, we are exactly where we are supposed to be. I am so blessed to have such an amazing best friend and partner on this journey.  


Friday morning I was greeted with a wonderful surprise.  My younger brother decided to fly home for the weekend. I hadn't seen him in 8 months and didn't expect to see him for another 8. Far too long. We all got to spend some quility time with him while he was here, but the weekend went by way too quickly. 



It was great that he was in town this weekend so he could help us celebrate Rob's birthday. He turned 29 on Saturday. 


Pizza and cake were had by all.




Sunday morning the kids and I visited with my brother before he left and Rob slept off the fun he had the night before.  Sunday afternoon and evening we watched football, or "ball ball" as Harrison calls it, and got in our Daddy time. It was a great few days that went by far too quickly, as they all do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment