Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween everyone! I know this isn't the kids' first Halloween, but it kind of feels like it. Last year we dressed them in costume, and technically the had a costume the year before too, but this is the first year they can really enjoy it. I may have enjoyed it more than them, but they seemed to thoroughly enjoy everything about today. We started our morning with pumpkin spice pancakes topped with Nutella.

Since a monsoon decided to try and ruin Halloween, we spent all day inside. I just finished dying the kids overalls yesterday, so we tried out their costumes for the first time this morning which they were very excited about. Their morning was so exciting that they both took a 3+ hour nap. That's unheard of in this house.

When they woke up we had sausage mummies for dinner and got ready to go trick-or-treating. We tried convincing Tyson to come with us, but he wasn't feeling it.  The weather had slowed to just a mist when it was time to head out. We took a few pictures and then we were off.



Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach. They are seriously the cutest ever!




Rob only got to come home from work long enough to see the kids in costume and snap a few pictures for us, so it was just the kids and I for trick-or-treating. In the 15 minutes it took us to hit up the six house on our street with lights on, the rain went from misting to a steady rain. When we got home I handed out candy to trick-or-treaters while the kids ate their 6 fun size candy bars.



The rain was back to a steady downpour within just a few minutes of us being home. I'm so glad there was a small break in the weather so I could take the kids trick-or-treating. I wish I would have had the chance to get some better pictures. I didn't want to take my camera or phone out in the rain. Oh well, at least we got a few. 

I loved watching them figure out what to do with their buckets and candy. By the time we hit the last house on the street, they had it down. I'm already looking forward to next year when they understand things even more. 

I hope everyone had a great evening, and for those of you who had trick-or-treating rescheduled due to weather, I hope you have a great time this weekend. I am now watching "The Lost Boys" while I finish up this post.  Perfect end to a great day.  Happy Halloween!!



No comments:

Post a Comment