Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fall TV Line Up

Watching TV at the end of the night, once the kids are in bed, is the perfect way to unwind and relax after a long day. Next week kicks off the fall TV season and there are a few shows I'm pretty excited about. I have quite a few episodes of Top Gear, Giuliana & Bill, and Tia and Tamera that I need to clear off my DVR before fall shows start airing. Below are shows starting within the next month that I am really looking forward to.

1. Brooklyn Nine-Nine - I'm still a little bitter that ABC cancelled both The New Normal and Guys With Kids after only one season. I loved both shows and wish they would have stuck around for more than one season. I need a new comedy to watch and who better to bring on the laughs than Andy Samberg. I have pretty high hopes for this one, I know I should go in with low expectations, and I hope I'm not let down.  It airs on FOX on Tuesdays at 8:30pm est starting September 17th.

2. Castle - I am so excited for Castle to come back. Is Beckett going to say yes, or will this be the end of Kate and Rick? I really hope she says yes. I'm not sure how they'll take the show if she says no and goes to work for the FBI. I started watching this its first season and haven't missed an episode since. Yes it's a crime drama, but it has a lot of humor mixed in. It's definitely worth a watch. It airs on ABC on Mondays at 10pm est starting September 23rd.

3. NCIS - I am ready for some Leroy Jethro Gibbs. I'm also ready for Tony, Ziva, McGee, Ducky, Palmer and Vance. I am super sad Ziva is leaving the show one episode into the season, but I'm sure they'll handle it as well as they did when Kate got shot. Ziva filled the female agent position without it feeling like she was replacing Kate. There's a reason this is the #1 show on TV for something like 5 seasons running. It is such a good crime drama. It airs on CBS on Tuesdays at 8pm est starting September 24th.

4. Modern Family - Modern Family has an amazing ensemble cast. I love the dynamic of their family. They mange to show all the closeness, craziness and fun of family life, of course on a much grander, exaggerated scale. Cam, in full Cats make up, protesting in a tree. If that isn't enough of a reason to watch, I don't know what is. It airs on ABC on Wednesdays at 9pm est starting September 25th.

5. The Walking Dead - I was a little late getting on The Walking Dead train. Robbie and I watched all three seasons in two weeks during nap time and after the kids were in bed. I love zombie movies but for some reason I was hesitant to start watching this. I was an IDIOT. This show is great. Amazing. Yes it's a post apocalyptic show with zombies, but it's so much more than that. It's a drama with great story lines and character development. Shane. Andrea. Need I say more? I would stay up an hour or two past my usual bedtime just to watch one or two more episodes. It's so good. It airs on AMC on Sundays at 9pm est starting Sunday October 13th. Yes we are having a premier party, and yes I already have boxes full of zombie stuff ready to go. I. Can't. Wait!

I may give Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. a chance too, it airs on ABC, but I haven't fully decided. There are a few other sitcoms that I've seen a few episodes of here or there that I like, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, Parks and Rec, but I think I am going to Netflix them and watch the series in their entirety. Even though they don't air until January, I am also starting to get excited for House of Lies and Californication, both on Showtime.  House of Lies is easily my favorite show on TV. Showtime makes really good series. Even better than what HBO is dishing out these days.

Any suggestions for shows I need to check out?

No comments:

Post a Comment