Sunday, August 25, 2013

Finishing My Summer Bucket List

My summer bucket list is officially done. Today I crossed off the final remaining item.  More about that in a minute.

Yesterday we took the babies and dogs out for a stroll at the environmental center, 50 or so acres of wooded trails and some wetlands owned by the local school system.  Unfortunately the mosquitos attacked as soon as we walked in the woods and our trip got changed to a stroll around the soccer fields and the park.  

The exciting part is that we used the Becos for the first time in months! Both kids decided they hated them around 10 months.  They really seemed to enjoying riding in them yesterday.  You wouldn't know it from Harrison's face, but they were smiling, giggling, pointing.  


Brooke got to go for a ride on Aunt Lynn's shoulders after the park.  


This morning Rob and I woke up early and headed to Cedar Point.  If you are from the Midwest or are a coaster enthusiast, you most likely know that Cedar Point rocks! It's been voted the best amusement park in the world 15 years in a row. 

I've been going almost every year since I was 9.  My first roller coaster was the Magnum XL200, and I've been in love with coasters ever since.  I can't wait to take the kids in a couple years and introduce them to all the fun.  

Seriously, how cute is this little ride?

We picked the perfect day to go.  It was in the low 80s and the breeze off Lake Erie felt great.  We didn't wait longer than 30 minutes in any line.  Most lines were less than 15 minutes. We were able to ride everything we wanted, with the exception of Sky Hawk which was closed, in less than 6 hours. 



Our day went as follows: Wicked Twister, Power Tower up, Power Tower down, Top Thrill Dragster, Magnum, Mean Streak, Millennium Force, lunch, Gate Keeper, Raptor, Millennium Force round 2. 10 rides in under 6 hours is amazing.  I remember waiting over two hours just to ride one roller coaster in previous years.  

For lunch we had Pink's. Cedar Point opened the only Pink's east of Las Vegas two seasons ago  We both really enjoyed our hot dogs, fries and onion rings.  The price tag, $33 for two dogs, two sides and two sodas, was a little steep, but it was a great little splurge.   


My last two trips to Cedar Point have been reminders of how young I'm not. Two years ago I discovered I can't ride spinning rides anymore.  Thanks to the Witches Wheel, my upchuck reflex was pushed past its limit. This year I learned wooden coasters are no longer enjoyable. I won't be riding the Mean Streak again anytime soon.  I also found out I need longer after eating before jumping back on rides.  No getting sick, but a definite queasy feeling.  I better get my old butt in line before H and B need me to start riding coasters with them.  

We made it home in time to put our sweet babes to bed. The perfect end to a great day.  We missed them so much.  It's 9pm. I'm exhausted and going to bed early, like now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment