Monday, August 5, 2013

Beer, Beer and Babies

Our weekend started off with homemade pizzas on Friday evening.  The babies' godmother joined us for the evening. This was their first time getting to eat pizza.  They mostly picked off the toppings and ate the crust.  Not as successful as I hoped, but at least they were willing to try it.  

After dinner I tried making Summer Shandy Cupcakes.  They were a disaster.  Overcooked, not sweet enough, just bad all around.  The icing turned out great though.  

The next morning I made vanilla blueberry cupcakes to accompany the delicious lemon cream cheese frosting.  So much better.  The cupcakes helped us kick off "The Best Day Ever."   


We have been dubbing this day The Best Day Ever for months now.  BrewHaven was Saturday and it was as wonderful as we had hoped.  Great company and more beer than I could ever drink.  

There were more than 300 varieties of beer available and I bet we tried about 30.  There was also a cheese table, best idea ever, where we sampled awesome spicy cheeses and meat sticks.  



It was a great day and I learned two important things.  1. Don't wear a full length dress to a beer tasting.  The bottom will get covered in beer, spit and water.  2. After the 5th IPA sample they all taste the same.  Every brewery brought an IPA and by the end of the day I was cursing IPAs.  I am already looking forward to next year's event and spending another great day with some wonderful ladies.  

Sunday started off with us just chilling around the house.  The kids decided to raid my underwear drawer and wear Victoria's Secret capes.  Who am I to tell them they can't be underwear superheroes?


  

We ran a few errands between naps and then went out to dinner in the evening. Salvatori's is a great local Italian restaurant that's just around the corner from us. The kids had their first tast of alfredo sauce.  H liked it and B just picked at it.  They've both decided sippy cups are overrated and they want to drink out of our cups.  We had quite a few people comment on how well behaved the kids were which was much nicer to hear than the usual, "You must have your hands full."




The evening of course ended with popsicles and messy babies.  Once the kids were in bed, Rob and I sat down to watch some Walking Dead.  We've already watched it through once, but we're watching it again.  I can't get enough of this show.  I am kicking myself for waiting so long to watch it.  At least now the wait for the new season is only a  couple months.  

I hope you all had a great weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment