Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tasty Tuesday - Muffin Tin Quiches

For this weeks recipe I thought I'd go with a breakfast dish. Our breakfasts usually consist of fruit, more fruit and some Cheerios.  Occasionally we mix it up with some toast, pancakes or a scramble.  

I originally made this recipe when the babies were 7 months old.  It was the first muffin tray dish I made, and it was a hit.  They liked it, and I caught the hubs stealing some muffins for a quick breakfast on the go. While it's not technically a quiche, that how we always wind up referring to them in our house.  

This recipe is another one that is really easy to change up the ingredients in depending on what you have on hand.  I had bacon and green peppers that needed to get used, so that's what I incorporated.  



Muffin Tin Quiches

Yields 24 muffins or 48 mini muffins

4 cups frozen shredded hash browns 
2 tbsp butter
1 green pepper
6 slices bacon
1 cup cheddar cheese
10 eggs
1 tsp pepper (optional)

1. Preheat over to 375*. Grease muffins tins using cooking spray. 

2. Defrost 4 cups hash browns in microwave.  Pour 2 tbsp melted butter over hash browns. Stir. 

3. Spoon has browns into muffin tins.  Press hash browns into muffin tins creating a hash brown cup.  Bake at 375* for 15 minutes.  

4. While the hash browns are baking, cook the bacon in a frying pan.  Dice the bacon and green pepper. 

5. Whisk the eggs, and optional pepper, together and set aside.

6. When the hash browns are lightly browned around the edges, pull out of the oven.  Fill each hash town cup with a small amount of bacon, green pepper and cheese.  

7. Pour eggs on top of hash brown cups and filling.  Fill 3/4 of the way full.  

8. Bake at 375* for 15-20 minutes.  A toothpick should come out clean when they are fully cooked.  

Notes: The first time I made these I used ham and no peppers.  They were really good.   If egg spills over the side of the hash brown cup, it's ok.  I've made them both as regular and mini muffins.  I think I prefer the regular size muffin for this recipe.  You can melt the cheese on top of the quiches instead of putting it on the inside.   Both ways taste good.  


Both kids are enjoying them for breakfast this morning. Brooke insisted on holding all of hers at once. 



No comments:

Post a Comment