Thursday, March 21, 2013

St. Patty's Day

St. Patrick's Day to me means two things; corned beef and cabbage. My mom makes the best corned beef you'll ever have. She always picks a great cut of meat and prepares it perfectly, nice and lean. Serve it up with cabbage, carrots and potatoes, perfect.


I started my morning off with some festive cupcakes from Cupcakes & Company. Key Lime, Green Velvet, Chocolate Mint and Irish Car Bomb.


My fabulous dinner. Complemented with a Guinness, of course.


Creme de Menthe cake for dessert. Another thing my mom makes fabulously.



Brooke was all about her veggies, even the cabbage.


Harrison wasn't as fond of the cabbage, but he still ate some.


H, B and I all sporting our green. This was before dinner, so they were hungry and less than thrilled to be posing for pictures.


Thanks to the colder than usual temps, our St. Patty's Day festivities were limited to indoor fun only. For reference, below is me last year on St. Patty's Day. 28.5 weeks pregnant and enjoying my allotment of beer, 3 ounces of green Summer Shandy. I'm pretty sure it was almost 80 last year.

I hope everyone enjoyed their St. Patrick's Day as much as we did. We thoroughly enjoyed Rubens the next day too, I take mine sans kraut and with cheddar so not really a Ruben. I'm already looking forward to celebrating our minuscule amount of Irish heritage next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment