Monday, February 18, 2013

Nursery/Playroom Tour

If you read my how to post for the accent wall, you know that the inspiration for the nursery walls came from a fabric I saw at JoAnn Fabrics. Once the walls were painted it was time for furniture and accessories. Furniture was easy. A trip to Ikea and a few hundred dollars later we had a dresser and two cribs. I found this black and white bedding set before we got pregnant and loved it. I knew we weren't going to use crib bumpers or a quilt so there was no reason to buy the bedding set. We did use the curtains and valance from the same collection.

I decided to make their mobile myself. I picked out card stock prints I liked and got to work. I spent more hours than I care to count making their mobile, but I love it so it was worth it.

 I love reading, so I knew I wanted to do a book wall. I ordered shelves from Land of Nod to create the wall. The shelves were easy to install and slim enough that I could put them on the wall behind the door. I used the same shelves above the dresser. They are perfect for personalized picture frames and art too.

As it turns out, the babies are still rooming with us, so we've turned their room into a playroom. There are still a couple projects I want to do for their room, but it's pretty much done.








Similar mobile here

Personalized touches make the room

Of course the dogs need a place in the babies room


No comments:

Post a Comment