Thursday, February 21, 2013

I Love My Dog

When Robbie and I got married I had a sweet little Chihuahua named ChiChi. We found her walking down the street behind my parents' lake house and her owners never came to get her. I had ChiChi for 8 years and loved her every day, and I still do now that she's gone. Cheech was not a "real" dog. Her life consisted of sleeping, trying to run away and going to the bathroom on the floor.

After Robbie and I had been married for about a year he brought up getting another dog. We decided we wanted a large dog that was great with kids and a good guard dog. After doing some research on breeds we decided a Boxer would be the right dog to add to our family. We got Tyson when he was 11 weeks old. I fell in love not only with him, but with the breed as well. I even started a blog for Tyson. We decided he needed a playmate and we added Layla a few months later. A couple months after that we brought Harley into our home. 3 boxers in 8 months.

At the time, Robbie and I were both working 9-5 jobs. I took all 4 dogs to the dog park after work, but I wanted something more. I began looking at doggie daycares, but there wasn't one in our area. That's when I decided to open a dog daycare. 5 years later Happy Dogs Daycare is still offering a place for high energy pups to come play. We now just have Tyson and Layla and they are 7 years old and still a perfect fit for our family.

My dogs are my original babies and even with the two new babies I try to make sure Tyson and Layla get plenty of attention, one on one time and exercise. I want Brooke and Harrison to love the dogs as much as I do, and so far it seems like they do. I also want the dogs to love them in return, and sometimes they do. If they have a dirty diaper, are eating, or crawling around naked, the dog love shows.  The dogs are very tolerant and I hope as the babies grow the dogs gain more interest in them.


Harrison and Tyson


Loving on Layla


Crawling around Tyson


Layla and Brooke have a stare off.


If found these adorable matching boy and girl shirts from Old Navy and knew we had to have them. The UPS guy dropped them off yesterday, so we had a mini photo shoot today. Happy Thursday!




1 comment:

  1. Aww, that is just too cute! Your dogs definitely adore your kids and consider them as family as well. Judging from how they are around your kids, you were able to raise responsible and dependable dogs. However, getting sick is inevitable for them and if in the instance it happens, you can count on professionals to get your dog back up a 100 percent.

    Liza Bedoya @ Pets On Broad Way

    ReplyDelete